I've been super busy as of late, so not much posting here.
Quick recap of what's been going on:
- I got a mountain bike, and have been riding trails to get my sorry-ass out-of-shape office worker body into shape
- I've been playing Volleyball on Thursdays also to keep in shape and get a regular brake in from all the work I have been doing. I suck, but am getting better -- and it is fun.
- I have been doing a ton of extra work, (outside of office hours), on a National Science Foundation grant-funded project. It's an online multiplayer simulation dealing with global warming. It is targeted for 8th - 10th grade students. The simulation runs in Flash in a web browser. I have designed the architecture and have been doing some code-slinging to get everything in place for the interface designer and advisors on the team. We'll be doing the first user-test on Thursday.
- We are gearing up the mini-farm: meat chicks are almost 4 weeks old; I'm building a feather plucking machine; we'll be getting some lambs and pigs soon and the farmers market starts this weekend.
- We've been looking at buying some land and building a house. How knows what will come of that...
- The transmission in the Van dies and we had to replace it. Bummer. 2K later and we have a new transmission with a 50K warranty.
- Mesa has been taking an archery class and is doing really well.
- Terran is turning out to be quite the little biker.
- Aanan is, as usual, off in her own world having a grand time.
That's all I can think of for now...