We went to the hospital and I had to walk a long way to the surgery room. I don't know if it was because I was feeling nervous, or if it had been too long -- but I felt completely sober by the time I was laying on the table and they were getting ready to begin. The effects of the Valium were gone. It was not that bad anyway. A few pricks, (he he :) ), of pain for the local and then some very weird tugging sensations that were uncomfortable. The actual snipping took about 20 mins.
It's now a week later and I'm doing quite well. I should be completely healed in a few days methinks. Here is a list of things I have learned:
- You would not think so, but ice on your testicles feels really good
- Jock straps hold your stuff in place really well
- Testicles are somehow deeply associated with your abdomen
- Feeling dull pain in your testicles all day will most likely make you want vomit on the truck ride home from work
- Stitches and stubbly hair really itches